Prenatal & Postpartum Massages
Massage for Pregnant Women & New Mothers in Honolulu
Once mom-to-be can no longer lay flat on her stomach we place her in a comfortable; secure side-lying position to avoid undue pressure on a growing abdomen and the lower back.
She is completely supported by custom-made maternity massage bolsters and pillows keeping top hip, knee and ankle aligned to prevent discomfort in the sacroiliac joint and maximize blood and lymph circulation. Once in a relaxed, restorative position, the therapist can nurture, condition, restore and pamper the body at a time when it needs it most.
Some benefits of prenatal massage:
- Drug-free method of relieving pregnancy’s common discomforts
- Reduces swelling
- Eases neck, back and joint pain
- Relieves muscle spasms and cramps
- Alleviate stress on weight bearing joints
- Allow recipient to learn relaxation skills
- Can help prepare you for labor by loosening the pelvis
- Promotes release of emotional and physical tension
Postpartum Massage...Bring your baby!
A postpartum massage is nearly identical to a regular, non-pregnant massage, but with a few important variations. Depending on mom's comfort level, we can revert to standard prone/supine position or keep using the side lying position.
Some of the postpartum massage benefits:
- Alleviate pain felt throughout your entire spine
- Helps improve your mood and stress levels during the postpartum period
- Helps reduce scar tissue adhesion from a C-section
Contact us today for an appointment or to ask us any questions. We’re always happy to speak with you.
Because women are more prone to breakouts during pregnancy, at InnEssence Therapy we only use golden, unrefined, first-press, pesticide free HobaCare Jojoba. HobaCare is non-allergenic, does not clog the pores and is safe for mothers-to-be and their children.